BW Science takes privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your personal data and information. We connect information about you for the primary reason of processing your order. We will not e-mail you in the future with newsletters or announcements unless you have given consent for us to do so.
When you place an order via our website we collect the following information in relation to you:
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Credit/debit card details
- IP Address
This information is used in the processing of any orders that are made at the online web shop. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. Your personal information will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. We implement protocols to ensure that your information is secure such as HTTPS and restricted access to persons only affiliated with BW Science for any orders at the web shop. We will not transfer or sell your information to any other parties. We will not disclose your information to any other parties unless this is related to the processing of your order via a delivery organisation. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of personal information
When you place an order we need to know your name, email address, phone number, delivery address, credit or debit card number and the card’s expiry date. This information allows for the processing and fulfillment of your order. For your security BW Science does not store your credit card details beyond what is needed to process an order.
Your Email Address and Phone Number
We will use your e-mail address and phone number to communicate with you in relation to your order and products purchased from the web shop. Your e-mail address and phone number will not be used for marketing purposes.
We will safeguard your information by implementing physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect your privacy.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology through SSL
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when using it to log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookies
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies to provide its analytics service:
|__utma||Used to distinguish users and sessions. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmb||Used to determine new sessions/visits. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.|
|__utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.|
|__utmv||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.|
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
- requests can take up to 28 days to process
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com